You know those days when you wake up and you just know it's going to be a good day? Those are my favourites. They're the days where I have a great day at work, feel inspired to whack out several blog posts, eat well, generally laugh lots and then roll in to bed at 9:30 giving myself a little pat on the back for a day well spent (I wish I was joking about the 9:30 thing #grandma).
Those days are the rarity, and if you wake up with more grogginess than get up and go, it can be hard to be positive about having a full days work ahead of you.
So, for the days when you need a bit of help, here are six ways to get your day off to a great start and get you in the winning at life mindset:
1. Exercise. Like, first thing. I workout at 6:15am, now it doesn't have to be that early but there's a reason everyone out there believes that excising promotes happiness and positivity. there's no better feeling than completing a tough workout before the clock hits 7am, and i find that all my best days begin with some form of exercise.
2. Don't check those emails until after 8! This is something I've brought into my routine recently (I go as far as putting my phone on airplane mode), and it makes me feel much more relaxed and ready to start the day, rather than stressing about emails the second I open my eyes. Give yourself some time to wake up!
3. Peppermint tea. Always peppermint tea.
4. Spend a bit longer getting ready. On the days I make an effort with my makeup and outfit, instead of pulling on the first t-shirt and pair of jeans I find, I feel better in myself and therefore start the day in a much better mood.
5. Crank up the music and have a little sing!
6. Go all out with your shower and use your best smelling moisturiser. When I use my Laura Mercier body creme I can smell it all day, so why save it for best? Every day should be the best!
What do you do to get your day off to a good start?